Monday, October 19, 2015

Autumn's Final Hold...

Fall is a short season here in northwestern North Carolina. It seems that as soon as the bright reds, yellows, and oranges of the hardwoods peak, they begin to fade and are gone for another year. This morning, I observed the busy fury-forest dwellers (squirrels, chipmunks, birds, and the owl whose shadow haunts them) racing to collect food for the coming freeze. This morning the air was a nippy 20 degrees. Winter is coming. 
Over the weekend, my wife and I took a short hike up Mount Jefferson here in Ashe County. I made a few images of the last bit of fall color at that elevation. Here are a few of my favorites.

Golden Woods, Mt Jefferson State Park
Can you spot the rabbit? Mt Jefferson State Park









Mountaintop Blueberry Leaves in Fall Color, Mt Jefferson State Park
Golden Hardwood Forest, Mt Jefferson State Park
(c) 2015 Jon Reaves. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment