Monday, October 12, 2015

24 Day Project Film Reveal...Days Thirteen Through Eighteen

September 13th - Blue Aster
 After the jewel weed dies back, blue aster becomes our most prominent flower in the mountain meadows.

September 14th - Last Light on a Ridge Top
 Day 14 was another one of those last call for light pictures. I was racking my brain trying to think of a photograph and looking everywhere. It came down to the last few minutes of daylight and I made this exposure of the shadow covering the valley and the day's last light on the ridge. When I first saw this photo after it was developed, I was disappointed, but now it's growing on me.

September 15th - Maple Leaves on Lichen Covered Log
 I was sweating on this day, too. It was another late evening shot. I like to experiment with texture in the natural world, but the lichen and moss alone were not enough to make this image. I placed two maple leaves on the log and made the exposure. 

September 16th - Queen of the Undergrowth
 I have not been able to identify this flower. Could it be a type of Queen Anne's Lace? Or a type of Yarrow? I'm not sure. I found it under the dense pine forest. It's one of the few plants that grow through the thick pine straw this time of year.

September 17th - Yellow Leaves
 I walked by this tree with its yellowing leaves almost everyday of the project. On day 17, I finally decided to take a chance on it. It was early morning and the dew still saturated the leaves and branches making the colors more bold than they would be in the midday sun.

September 18th - Sunburst through the Woods
 In a rush to pack the car and head to the coast for my Grandfather's 80th birthday celebration, I had to make a quick decision. It was morning, the sun had just breached the horizon. I selected a narrow aperture to create as many points on the star as possible. Even though this shot was made in haste and I didn't have much confidence in it, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

(c) 2015 Jon Reaves. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment