Thursday, July 2, 2015

Roaring Creek and New Neighbors...

I had to give my Dad and Grandfather a hand removing a fallen tree from the path that leads from our "summer house" down to Roaring Creek yesterday. Before the work began, I took a few minutes to make some photographs of the creek. I never get tired of it there. I've shot thousands of frames of the creek over the years, yet every time I go back I find a new feature that catches my attention.

The day before, while loading some old bathroom tiles onto a trailer to haul away, I discovered a fist-sized toad hiding under the pile. I followed Mr. Toad around the yard and took a few portraits until he disappeared under a log. There were also two other surprises under the pile of broken tiles, a small water snake and a northern ring-necked snake. Both slithered away before I could get a shot.

Roaring Creek I

Roaring Creek II

Roaring Creek III

Mr. Toad
(c) 2015 Jon Reaves. All rights reserved.





No comments:

Post a Comment