Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My First 35mm Film Landscapes in Years!

I sent my roll of Kodak Ektar 100 off to Indie Film Lab, and after 2 weeks of biting my nails, my scans were finally uploaded today! Got a few decent shots. I forgot about the crazy sharpness and amazing dynamic range that comes with a pro quality film. Overall I'm happy with my images from that single roll and I'm excited to shoot some more. Of course, as with every shoot, I discovered that there are a couple things I can work on. Shooting on film is less forgiving than digital. But I love that I don't have to spend hours in Lightroom tweaking images. 

Here are a few shots from my first roll of film in several years. I used a Canon EOS 3 and 17-40L mounted on a tripod...that's it.

Roaring Creek, Near the Pisgah National Forest, North Carolina

Roaring Creek, Near the Pisgah National Forest, North Carolina

Moss and Oak Leaves, Roaring Creek, North Carolina



No comments:

Post a Comment